Institute Atopika is launching its first literary and visual arts contest with the title My Skin, My Pain. The contest offers an opportunity for child, teenage and adult patients to tell the world how atopic dermatitis has affected their lives, to reveal the crippling reality of the illness and speak about the hurtful lack of understating from others. The contest will allow you to express your pain through art and educate others about your condition. Works submitted to the contest can be viewed here.
Why did I decide to organise the contest? Because I want people to KNOW how it is to live with atopic dermatitis and stop them from causing unnecessary suffering to those afflicted by the illness.
Each contestant can submit one artwork by him or herself in either the literary or visual genre. Children with atopic dermatitis should make their own artworks without the parents’ help. Let their and not your voices be heard, dear parents. Dear teenagers, you live with atopic dermatitis through a period in your lives that is already difficult by itself. Speak about your feelings; show us what you want. Adult patients: When I decided to share my story with the public – with you – I was afraid that it would prevent me from getting employed, that the looks others will give me would be even nastier, that the silence would be too loud. Be the change that you want to see in the world.
Three artworks from each category will be rewarded.
|1.||Children up to 10 years||1) 40 EUR, 2) 30 EUR, 3) 20 EUR|
|2.||Teenagers||1) 40 EUR, 2) 30 EUR, 3) 20 EUR|
|3.||Adults||1) 40 EUR, 2) 30 EUR, 3) 20 EUR|
Send the artworks to the following address: Institute Atopika, Stanetova 12, 2000 Maribor with the header Institute Atopica art contest. Together with your artwork, you also have to give us:
- Your name and surname of the author.
- Your age.
- Your address.
- Information on when you have first encountered atopic dermatitis.
The literary and visual artworks will evaluated by a 3-member committee. The awarded artworks will be displayed on the web and Facebook page of Institute Atopica. Inasmuch as the author wants to remain anonymous, he or she should state this next to his or her name.
If you’d like to become a sponsor or a donator to the contest or would like to volunteer for collecting donations in light of the contest, I will be very grateful. All the money will go to the patients dealing with atopic dermatitis.
- 9. 2. 2019 – Beginning of artwork collection.
- 9. 6. 2019 – Submission deadline.
- The end of November 2019 – Extended. Submission deadline.
- December 2019 – Evaluation of artworks and the winners announcement.
- The contest can be entered by patients suffering from atopic dermatitis.
- The contest can be entered by persons who play an active role in informing others about the contest and thus help in building a better tomorrow for patients with atopic dermatitis. You can do so by sharing the news from our website through Facebook.
- To enter the contest, you must also be a member of Institute Atopika. The membership is free of charge and comes with no obligations. As our member, you are even entitled to various discounts when buying products for atopic conditions. I didn’t open the institute with the intention of gaining members – everyone who visits the institute’s webpage is a member in a way for whose plight I feel deeply. I decided to add membership as an option upon the requests of the webpage visitors. Only by standing together, we will be able to create a better future for the patients with atopic dermatitis.
- For the duration of the contest, the contest rules will remain on the webpage of Institute Atopika.
- The organiser (Institute Atopika) can change the conditions for the contest at any time if these changes are the result of technical, financial or commercial circumstances or have been demanded by the public.
- The decision of the committee is final, and none may issue a complaint against it. It’s not possible to exchange prizes
- The organiser can use the collected artworks in publications and for educational or promotional purposes with the permission of the author of the artwork.
- The artworks become a property of Institute Atopica to be used in education and humanitarian efforts.
- For further information about the contest, you can call 040 225 487.
Our sincerest gratitude goes to our sponsors Pharmagea and Sanofi (financial support for the prizes) and Karbonoir (soap gifts for contestants).